- First of all we have to launch our Epic Game Launcher
- In right top corner “Launch” button, before you click on it, check that you are using correct version, for me I have to change it.
- Now it is fine and I click on it to launch Unreal Engine 5 editor. It takes time to start it, but if you launch it for the first time – it will take a lot of time, sometimes 20 minutes. Be ready for it.
- As you can see, it should be opened by default “Recent projects”. I have one, because I created it before. You should not have it now, you will se it after we create one.
- Click on “Games” icon, for start to create a new project.
- Now you see what should be modified my you:
- Choose “First person”
- Instead of “Blueprint” click on “C++”
- Target platform “Desktop”
- “Started content” – uncheck, in different way it will create a lot of garbage.
- (Optional) “Project location” – if you don’t want to locate it by default.
- And click create button.
- Creating project takes time. No worries.
- Looks beautiful, right? 🙂 Lets click run button and play a little bit.
- It works, amazing! To stop just push :Esc: button on keyboard and let’s move further.
If you still have questions, I’m waiting you in our Discord