Hey, welcome here!
- Let’s first open our blueprint anD check what we have there. For this find “BP_FirstPersonCharacter”
- Open it, and you will see something like that:
- Click on link “Open Full Blueprint Editor” and now you could see more interesting window
- Now we have to open “Viewport” tab
- And now you could see how your character looks like from the outside, little bit weird but it is ok for the first face 🙂
- I want to pay attention on this capsule
- It is a typical approach for most of engines, put capsule for interaction with world around.
- Now we have to get somehow this visual capsule in code and all parameters and events which it has.
- Now it is time to go to our C++ code, try to find “WallRunCharacter” C++ class
- Double click on it, and you should see opened Rider.
- It should open “WallRunCharacter.cpp” file by default
- if it is not, find this file in Explorer
- Now, find method:
- And insert there code:
- As you can see, we don’t have
OnCapsuleHit()in our code, lets add it.
- Go to
WallRunCharacter.hand create a new method in private section:
- Unfortunately, it is not enough, that’s why we have to check what UE expect from this function, if you check
OnComponentHitimplementation, it has:
- And go deeper
FComponentHitSignature, there will be:
DECLARE_DYNAMIC_MULTICAST_SPARSE_DELEGATE_FiveParams( FComponentHitSignature, UPrimitiveComponent, OnComponentHit, UPrimitiveComponent*, HitComponent, AActor*, OtherActor, UPrimitiveComponent*, OtherComp, FVector, NormalImpulse, const FHitResult&, Hit );
- We need everything after
OnComponentHit, copy it. Past into method and remove
,after each class name, you should have something like that:
void OnCapsuleHit(UPrimitiveComponent* HitComponent, AActor* OtherActor, UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, FVector NormalImpulse, const FHitResult& Hit );
- And in CPP file function itself and implement this method. For now, let’s check that it works, and debug message will be enough
GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 1.f, FColor::Blue, TEXT("Capsule has been hit"));
- And now we have to recompile our code, this is should be done from Unreal Engine Editor.
- Run your Game, and hit the wall: